Canvas 2021-2022 — Creative Resistance And Ennobling of the Human Spirit!

We invite you to participate in this year’s annual pledge drive for our FY 21-22 Operating Budget (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022). Your pledge and those of your fellow Members and Friends support 67% of our budgeted operating costs. The remaining income comes from our fundraising, renters, and our endowment fund.

Only eight percent (8%) of our Operating Budget supports our worship, music, social responsibility, and religious exploration ministries and other committees as well as the Our Whole Lives (OWL) program, recently featured on a local NPR Broadcast. The remaining 92% “keeps the lights on” by paying for our utilities, insurance costs, staff salaries, employment taxes, maintenance, and repairs.

These are unprecedented times for our community, our country, and the world. Our Unitarian Universalist values and our democracy has never been challenged in quite the same way as it is now.

This uncertain time calls for creative resistance, it cries out more than ever for the need for a socially responsible, progressive religion, speaking out for justice for all.

UU Manchester has demonstrated and continues to show its dedication to help those who are seeking a safe place, exercising its commitment to its active faith tradition. Each of us must support this spiritual community, step outside our comfort zone, and reach deeper into our faith.

Ours is an ambitious but achievable goal. Since this time last year, we’ve welcomed 10 new members. We see a renewed interest on the part of younger people and families in our faith community. While the recent onset of the Corona Virus has presented us with a new challenge, it will pass, and with prudent care, we must acknowledge that we are up to this challenge as well.

Your Canvas Packet will be distributed to you digitally or otherwise. Submit your Pledge for the 2021-2022 Year, Electronically, by following this link.  

Our financial health is essential in these challenging times when we are, more than ever, called to make a difference in our community. We can increase our impact by generously supporting this congregation. We Can Do This!

In faith,

Your Stewardship Team